New for the 2015/2016 hockey season:
HEO Canada is making it mandatory for one parent/guardian of every IP, Novice and new players to complete the online course Respect in Sport Parent Program. Attached is a letter from Hockey Eastern Ontario explaining the benefits of the program for players and parents.
Who has to take the course?
– One parent or guardian of a participant must take the course. If you have multiple children in these levels you only need to take the course once – you can link your course to all of your children.
Cost of the course?
– The online course costs $12.00 plus HST and takes approximately one hour to complete.
Deadline for taking the course?
– The course must be completed before a player is added to a team roster.
Consequence of not taking the course?
– The player will not be added to a team roster and therefore not allowed on the ice.
I have already taken Respect in Sport as a coach, assistant coach, trainer or manager….
– Respect in Sport does not meet the requirements for this initiative. You must take the Respect in Sport – Parent Program.
Where do I find the online course?
– You can access the course at https://heoparent.respectgroupinc.com/secure/. Please ensure you are enrolling for the Respect in Sport Parent Program and not the Respect in Sport program. If you take the Respect in Sport program in error it will not count towards the requirements.
I have also attached instructions from Respect Group to help walk you thru the process.
** VERY IMPORTANT NOTE **
When you are adding your children to your profile you will be asked to enter your child’s name, DOB and Association. If the information entered matches the information in HCR it will bring up your child’s name and their HCR ID number. However if there is no matching record you will be brought to a screen that states “No matching record has been found in the Hockey Canada Registry”. It is very important at this stage NOT to choose “Information entered is correct”. When you select “Information entered is correct” the system will automatically create a new profile for your child. Each player has a unique ID number and profile in the Hockey Canada Registry – by adding a new profile the course will not be linked to the proper profile and your child will still appear as not being compliant. This is a flaw in the RIS and HCR databases that has not been able to be rectified so we are asking everyone to be vigilant when trying to add your child to your profile. If no matching records appear you must contact your Association Registrar and they will assist you in finding your child’s record in the database.
If you have any questions please contact your Association Registrar at email@example.com