Please note that Peter Bowen will be at the Long Sault arena, south parking lot, for equipment and jersey returns on Wednesday April 7th, 2021 from 6pm – 8 pm. Coaches please bring your roster including jersey numbers to help with compiliing a complete returns list. Individual returns will also be accepted. Please make sure all jerseys are washed before returning.
Dear Players, Parents and Volunteers of SSMHA:
As most of you are aware, EOHU will be moving into the Red Zone as of Monday, March 29, 2021 for a minimum of 2 weeks.
Because of this change, we have been discussing with the Township and among the executive as to what happens next. The township has decided that due to the fact there would only be 3 weeks left in the season at the most after the Red Zone that the costs are too high to continue the arena operation.
As an executive, we had discussed prior to reopening on Feb 28 as to what we would do if we were placed back into the Red Zone or lockdown and it was our intention then to call the season.
We met this evening and have decided that our last ice times for this year will be Saturday, March 27, 2021. Our rental schedule runs from Sunday to Saturday each week and by finishing on Saturday all players would have equivalent ice times.
We will not be making up any ice times for any team that may have missed an ice time within the winter session.
We remind all participants that the COVID protocols and processes are still in place and must be followed when participating within SSMHA hockey programs.
We will be calculating refunds based on the following:
- Fee for winter session – $250 per player
- Expectation of weeks for the session was 12 and the number of ice times per week was 2, so an expected total of 24 ice times.
- Actual weeks provided is 4 with 2 ice times is a total of 8 ice times.
- Refund is $250 * 16/24 = $166.66 per player
We will not be holding the amount as a credit toward the 2021/22 season. We will be refunding the amount by EFT and the password will be SSMHA. The EFT will be done per player, so if a family of 3 players then you will receive 3 EFTs.
Refunds will take some time to process and will be completed as quickly as possible.
If the player has a jersey and/or equipment to be returned, then that refund may be withheld until return of the jersey and/or equipment in satisfactory condition to SSMHA.
If you participated only in the winter session, then the fee was $300 with the additional $50 being the insurance cost per player. This $50 will not be part of the refund calculation as the insurance payment has to be paid when the player is registered for the season no matter how many ice times were used.
As an executive, we want to thank all players, parents, coaches, trainers and volunteers for their participation and patience in a very unusual and trying season.
Yours in Hockey,
Dear Parents & Players,
We’re a week into the winter session and would like to take a moment to remind everyone that the following facility rules must be followed at all times. Please, let’s all do our part to help our volunteer coaches and trainers by ensuring your household complies with the following:
- Arrival time is 20min prior to the scheduled ice-time. Do not enter the arena any earlier.
- Covid-19 screening must be completed for all participants (players and team staff) either using the HEO screening forms provided or by using TeamSnap.
- Everyone entering the arena must also complete the screening at the arena entrance & sign-in accordingly.
- 1 parent only can enter the arena. No siblings or other visitors are permitted to enter the arena. NO EXCEPTIONS
- Maximum 8 players per dressing room. Avoid crowding, spread out.
- All players are to wear a mask and remain in the change room until the ice surface is ready.
- Players are not to be walking through the lobby without a mask. Even with a helmet on.
- Vacate the dressing room promptly after your ice-time. No loitering.
- All participants are to be aware of and follow current Eastern Ontario Health Unit guidelines at all times.
- Going forward, if you fail a Covid 19 screening question for any reason, you must report to Risk & Safety and comply with Eastern Ontario Health Unit protocols
- Participants cannot return to hockey activities until approved. We need to ensure EOHU protocols were followed before permitting a participant to resume activities.
Thank you for your cooperation,
South Stormont Minor Hockey Association