Our 3rd annual Thanksgiving Food Drive will be taking place again this year. Our goal with this food drive is to emphasize that we CAN make a difference and lend a helping hand to others who may be in need in our community. Donating items for the food drive is a great team bonding activity that also encourages sportmanship as we also want this to be a fun and friendly competition between teams. The Association will host a pizza party for the team that collects the most food items and the individual who collects the most items will receive a Galaxy Movie gift certificate.
Once again this year, South Stormont will be hosting the Hockey Canada Skills Camp for Novice and Atom Players, or for Peewee and Bantam players. This year, it will take place on December 28th, 2015.
Hockey Canada Skills development camps aim:
- To develop / enhance the fundamental skills of skating, passing, stick handling and shooting.
- To create an opportunity for players to meet other players and develop friendshipsTo promote the FUN of the game.
- To teach the concepts of fair play, fitness, safety, team work and the importance of a positive attitude.
- To provide a memorable experience for all who attend.
- Players will take part in two on-ice and two off-ice sessions that focus on passing, shooting, skating, puck control and most importantly FUN!
Plus, each participating player will receive a free lunch and their very own Hockey Canada Skills Camp jersey.
Registration for Hockey Canada Clinic Dec28.doc
Sign up early as spaces are limited.